Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing 6: Online Image Generators







Hey, this is fun! (I'm going to have to play with Image Chef sometime. I like that idea.) Here's the trading card (left), and here's the full shot, captioned (right.) My dog, Moccasin, is in the photo with me. I realized as I was working through this Thing that to make a trading card, I really should have a recent photo of myself. Tricky. So I went to our family's website and looked to see what was there. I chose not to use one of our Harney Peak photos from last summer, since my daughter was also in those, so you see me in our neighborhood, walking Moccasin. I had a technical problem with the trading card (the image was larger than the space allotted, and I don't have the skills to crop it), so it took me awhile to adjust it to my satisfaction. While flipping through our photos, I saw that my husband had a really nice photo of the 35W bridge reconstruction (they've been doing tours every Saturday, and we went in May), and I really think he/we should post it to Flickr. We'll see.
I really, REALLY like the Carleton trading cards. I could definitely see us doing something like that to reach out to undergraduates, if some camera-shy folks would give it a try. I wonder how they made the "Librarian Heroes" image?



No comments: