Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing 15: Online Gaming and Libraries

I just noticed that Blogger is going down in 25 minutes for maintenance, so I'd better make this short. This Thing is about online gaming, including the examples of Puzzle Pirates and Second Life (which is a 3D world, not a game, but whatever.) I watched the Second Life video, and may come back later to explore it more. (I'm getting a new computer in the next few days, and I realized after I downloaded the del.icio.us stuff the other day that it probably won't transfer to my new computer. I wonder what else I'll have to do over?) I've seen presentations on Second Life, and it's just not my thing. The closest I've come to intense gaming is the computer game Myst (CD-ROM, rather than online.) My husband was quite involved, and solved many of the puzzles (I think he has both the first and second games.) I tried, but the puzzles were too mechanical for my mind. I need to get off Blogger before it goes down. Maybe I'll try one of the above and come back later to blog about it.

No comments: