Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing 3, coming up

Thing 3 is about RSS feeds, and subscribing to feeds. For me, this is a "clean up your house" exercise. I've had a Bloglines account for some time, but I haven't used it for quite awhile. For me, if I don't conciously add something to my routine, it may not be on my radar. So I went in and tidied: cleaned up the accumulated feeds, unsubscribed to some feeds, then added some. I also added Bloglines to the part of my Favorites list that I check on a regular basis, so maybe this time, it will stick. (I know some people favor Google Reader, but I don't like to put most of my eggs in any basket. I like to spread out the market share.)

I will try to be more faithful and more judicious in my use of Bloglines this time. Previously, since I had several subscriptions suggested by colleagues, I always had feeds that I didn't have time to read. So I felt guilty, or irritated, or something. I have now weeded down to things that I REALLY want to check regularly, so this should work better for me.

My favorite library-related blogs include ALA TechSource, LibrarianInBlack, The Shifted Librarian, and Free Range Librarian.

No comments: