Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing 4: Photosharing and Flickr


I've used Flickr several times to find particular pictures - things that I've seen traveling, or at conferences. When I visited the Seattle Public Library recently, I was quite impressed with their building and floor directories, so today I shared some photos of these with my colleagues. This photo was taken by TheLostDutchman in July 2007. It's a building directory showing all levels of Seattle Public.
By the way, I'm probably one of ten people left on the planet who don't have a digital camera. Nada. Spouse has two (I'd use his old one, except that the battery died and I don't know how to charge it, or where he put the memory card), daughter has it more or less on her new cellphone. No easy access to a digital camera at work, either. Sigh.
I have mixed feelings about the privacy of all this. My husband has posted photos of my daughter on our family website since she was born, but we don't like to have anything that gives away too much personal information. We're just touchy that way.
I think it would be great if my library got going on getting photos onto Flickr (but as I am technology-challenged in this area, it won't be me doing it at this point.)


No comments: