Friday, July 11, 2008

Back to Thing 9

I forgot to update you on the Flash Player situation (re slide sharing.) My husband was able to look at the slides on his laptop, so at least someone can see them.

Thing 9 is Online Collaboration Tools. I got the email invitations for Zoho Writer and Google Docs. In Zoho Writer, it was a little confusing to know what to do at first, and I had to change my screen display to find the Sign Out button (I don't appreciate websites that don't work on my browser settings!) It was fine otherwise. Google Docs was a little easier for some reason, and I like the ease of linking, and describing flyover text (haven't had the chance to do that before!) And it didn't make me reset my browser!

What would the Founding Fathers think of it? Well, I'm a big fan of the movie 1776, and I just think of Adams and Jefferson quarreling about "unalienable" and "inalienable," much less the southern delegates taking out the condemnation of slavery, and the northerners putting in right back in. At some point, they'd have to come up with what we at work call a "gold" (final) copy.

Next time, on to Thing 11!

No comments: