Monday, April 27, 2009

More Things: Thing 26

Thing 26 is Ning, specifically the 23 Things on a Stick Ning. I joined it in the last go-round, and frankly, it just hasn't captured my fancy. Maybe I haven't made the effort to make friends there. Facebook has been more compelling to me, partly because I already know people I've connected to there. And of course that I'm now trying to do More Things on a different schedule from others doesn't help. But I did upload some photos, now that I have some thanks to my personal tech support. I wanted to upload one of my newest favorite toy, but since I don't own the rights to the image, I didn't really feel that I could. I looked back at my blog from last summer, and I had Ning on my list of "things I'm excited about," but for some reason I didn't keep with it.

I looked at some of the videos, and made some comments. There was a film of library dominoes (we did something similar a few weeks ago at my institution to kick off Library Week.) And one of my all-time favorite YouTubes, the Medieval Help Desk.

I could see getting involved in an interest group in Ning (my husband is active in some on Facebook.) I just haven't found/made time in my life for that, not in Ning or Facebook. I said last August that I have the problem of having TOO MANY interests - how to limit oneself by the time available?

No comments: