Thursday, April 23, 2009

More Things: Thing 24

I got an email late yesterday from the More Things on a Stick folks. I'd registered fairly soon after they started, and tweaked my blog a trifle, knowing that my library would be a pretty busy place at the beginning of term, but certainly I could get started on this in early March. I'd made a commitment.

And then Life happened, including a semi-impromptu spring break trip with some good things (got to see Wicked!) and not-so-good things (2+ days at airports, waiting for a flight home - the joys of flying standby.) Also a trip to the Computers in Libraries conference. So by the time I semi-started my expense report after the conference, I'd written off doing More Things. "There's only a month left," I mused. "No way I can do this." But the More Things email said, "If you complete at least 10 of the things and blog about them," I can get a bag. And they won't be doing a second round of More Things. So I'm going to try, and see what I can do.

As it turns out, I'd already done a chunk of Thing 24 and didn't realize it. I'd refreshed my blog, and due to some nudging from my Number One Fan (and Follower), I'd played with the gadgets. So I did some more refreshing, and now I'm blogging away again.

They ask, "How much have you blogged since you finished 23 Things on a Stick?" I finished in August, and according to Blogger, I had 13 posts for the rest of 2008, and 12 (and counting) for 2009. I haven't been commenting much on blogs, but I do have some blogs (and friends on LiveJournal) that I check on a regular basis. The library blog that I look at the most is Free Range Librarian, Karen Schneider's blog. She's quirky, and interesting.

They ask, "What do you like about blogging?" I like sharing odd bits and pieces of things, when I come across something of interest. I usually need something external to give me a "poke" (to use a Facebook term.) And I have to say again that Facebook has become quite the "killer application" in our household, since my husband discovered it in January, and more and more of our friends pop up on it. None of my friends from high school yet - maybe they're all on MySpace?

1 comment:

Mikey said...

Hey, everybody needs a fan, or at least a follower. Glad to be useful. And nice profile pic--where'd you get that, anyway?