Monday, August 18, 2008

Thing 19: Podcasts

From the 23 Things on a Stick website - a nice definition of podcast:

"The word podcast is used to refer to a non-musical audio or video broadcast that is distributed over the Internet....A podcast is distinguished from other digital media formats by its ability to be syndicated, subscribed to, and downloaded automatically when new content is added, using an aggregator or feed reader capable of reading feed formats such as RSS."

I've listened to things online (particularly radio program snippets: National Public Radio, Michael Feldman's Whad'Ya Know.) The Satellite Sisters used to be on the radio and are doing podcasting now.

I haven't subscribed to any podcasts until now, but since I've been nudged, I'll try Minnesota Public Radio's weather podcast, Jet Streaming. I heard an interview on climate change with Dr. James Hansen of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies. I have to pass on the "create your own podcast" option for now, since I'd like a little time to work up a script, and practice. But I'll keep it in mind.

P.S. Since I've been gone from blogging for a few weeks, I forgot about tagging. I have to go back and do some "remedial."

No comments: