Friday, February 27, 2009

Snowed Under

We had several inches of snow yesterday, PLUS I got a last-minute request to teach a class next week, so "snowed under" is how I feel. But I can share a few tidbits:
  • A counterpoint to the "Facebook, I Quit!" article I linked to last week: "Why Facebook is for Old Fogies" from Time Magazine (especially "Facebook is about finding people you've lost track of... son, we've lost track of more people than you've ever met.")
  • My husband was out of town during yesterday's snowstorm and expected back last night. I missed his call to my cell phone (I was shoveling out my car) and only got his voicemail message much later. He said, "But I changed my Facebook status!"
  • I got my first File 404 error message from the new administration the other day:
    "The page you requested wasn't found at this location. The Obama Administration has created a brand new White House website, and it's possible that the page you were looking for has been moved. Please take a moment to explore our new site, learn more about President Obama and his team, and read about their plan to bring about the change America needs."

No comments: