Friday, January 30, 2009

How I Love My Spam Filter (Not)

Ah, the joys of the Spam Filter, that interesting piece of software that's supposed to make your life easier. Ours at work is slow, p-a-i-n-f-u-l-l-y slow, and I often get the "server timed out" message. So I sometimes miss a useful message.

I registered with More Things on a Stick earlier this week, and while looking at the site, was wondering if there was much activity yet. Little did I realize that with one exception, my "More Things" messages were getting caught in the spam filter. I made the mistake of looking yesterday afternoon, and have been wrestling with the filter since then to get a dozen or so messages out of there (perhaps even deleting the real spam, hmmm.) So if anyone of the More Things participants come across this blog, I have started Thing 24, but I'm not getting the messages - yet. This too shall pass, right?

No comments: