Friday, September 26, 2008

Killer Cold on a Stick

This week, half of the people in my department have a killer cold, including me. It started with a slightly scratchy throat about 5 a.m. on Sunday morning, and by the end of breakfast it was in full gear. So I've been loading up on the zinc lozenges and soup this week.

Not much this week on the 2.0 front, I'm afraid. One bright thing in the week was getting my "congratulations on completing 23 Things" package, with the memory stick and lanyard (I like lanyards.) I still need to get my head around the idea of this portable medium, and how it can fit into the greater scheme of hard drives, network drives, shared network space, backups ("we don't need no stinkin' backups" seems to be the philosophy around here, at least as far as one's own computer is concerned.) I'm excited to think that there will be more Things to learn later this winter - something to look forward to once the cold weather hits. (Apropos of nothing, tomorrow my family is going to the Renaissance Festival, which may be about as un-2.0 as one can get these days, but we're looking forward to it.)

Time to drink more fluids, or maybe have a cough drop.

No comments: