Monday, May 19, 2008

Thing 1

I had used Blogger before, but I spent some time looking around, changing settings, fonts, etc. I had never done an avatar before, and spent too much time playing around with that. After trying out several fashion options, it seemed a shame to just use the head of my avatar, so I opted for the full outfit (so fancy, basic jeans and t-shirt.) At least I found the glasses!

It's funny to have a Yahoo account on top of a Google account (like I needed another account.) I had to activate my Google account recently for a work-related project (did I remember setting up a Google account? No, but there it was.) The PTA at my daughter's school uses Yahoo Groups; now I could check that out (now that the school year's almost over.)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a technophobe. I'm a mom. I get at most ten minutes of online time at home per day (can you say, computer spouse?) I'm online constantly at work, but doing work-related stuff, so having this chance to explore new technologies will be fun.

Thank you to the 23 Things on a Stick folks for running this over the summer. Many of us in academe wanted to participate, but just didn't have time earlier in the year.

No comments: